How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program, we look forward to your application!
We participate in the ERAS® - Electronic Residency Application Service through the Association of American Medical Colleges and the National Resident Match Program. We will begin to accept applications for the 2021-2022 Academic year on August 12th, 2020.
Applications are only accepted via the ERAS® website online application system.
After reviewing applications we will invite top candidates to interview. During interviews candidates will meet the faculty, talk with fellows currently in training, discuss possible areas of investigative work, and become familiar with the many environmental and cultural strengths of the Seattle area.
Academic Year 2021-2022 Interview Dates:
Due to COVID-19 all interviews for 2021-2022 recruitment will be virtual.
Interviews run from approximately 9:00am to 2:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST). Interviews will include meetings with faculty, fellows, and specialized interviews with possible mentors.
- Tuesday August 25th, 2020
- Tuesday September 8th, 2020
- Tuesday September 15th, 2020
- Tuesday September 22nd, 2020
- Tuesday September 29th, 2020
- Tuesday October 6th, 2020
- Tuesday October 20th, 2020
Interview dates subject to change and cancellation.
Submit the following documents on ERAS:
- Current copy of your curriculum vitae
- Research Experience
- Personal statement to contain the following information:
- Areas of special focus such as research or clinical interests
- Potential mentors at the UW
- Long-term career goals
- Why you are interested in training in our program in Seattle
- Official medical school transcript
- Passport style photograph
- Training verification from medical school and residency program
- Relevant and updated test scores such as U.S. Medical Licensing Examination transcripts (steps 1, 2 and 3)
- ECFMG Certificate and Visa Status if applicable*
*Click here to see the UW Visa policies
University of Washington Hiring Policies
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value diversity in our program and encourage applications from underrepresented minorities.
The University of Washington reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in accordance with University policy and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. The University of Washington is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process contact the department at 206-685-1397 or the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264/FAX, or email at email@example.com.
Feel free to visit UW GME for more information on our programs and the Resident & Fellow Eligibility and Selection Policy.
Link to University of Washington Equal Opportunity Employment Information: