MD, MSCI, FACP
Education & Training:
MD, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India (2000-2006)
Residency, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL (2008-2011)
Fellowship, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA (2011-2013)
MS, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa (2017)
Dr. Singh (she/hers) finished her residency in Internal Medicine at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Florida followed by a fellowship in adult rheumatology at the Temple University in Philadelphia. She was a faculty at the University of Iowa where she also completed a Masters in Clinical Investigation.
She joined the University of Washington as an Assistant Professor in fall 2019. She is a productive member of the Division. She is involved in leading the rheumatology-Immune related adverse events (IRAEs) clinic at the UWMC, where she also participates in the teaching of residents & fellows. Besides her roles as clinician, educator in the division, she spends most of her time in conducting innovative research to build an evidence base for the care of patients with rheumatic diseases and cancer. She is currently supported by a K23 from the NIH to pursue studies on this topic.
Besides conducting cancer- and pharmacoepidemiologic studies using large databases, her other research interests include aging research (especially measuring frailty in rheumatoid arthritis), COVID-19 and pregnancy outcomes among women with rheumatic diseases.
- Aging research in rheumatic diseases, especially frailty
- Cancer epidemiology
1) Fernandez-Ruiz R, Duarte-García A, Rolle NA, Sattui SE, Saygin D, Dowell S, Alexander SA, Kumar B, Danila MI, Singh N. Supporting International Medical Graduates in Rheumatology: A Call to Action. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2023 Feb;75(2):145-148.
2) Singh N, Sabo J, Crane DA, Doody DR, Schiff MA, Mueller BA. Birth outcomes and re-hospitalizations among pregnant women with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus and their offspring. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2023 Jan 10
3) Singh N, Madhira V, Hu C, Olex AL, Bergquist T, Fitzgerald KC, Huling JD, Patel RC, Singh JA. Rituximab is associated with worse COVID-19 outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: A retrospective, nationally sampled cohort study from the U.S. National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C). Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2023 Feb
4) Lee J, Singh N, Gray SL, Makris UE. Optimizing Medication Use in Older Adults With Rheumatic Musculoskeletal Diseases: Deprescribing as an Approach When Less May Be More. ACR Open Rheumatol. 2022 Dec 4
5) Chung SH, Oshima K, Singleton M, Thomason J, Currier C, McCartney S, Singh N. Determinants of Cervical Cancer Screening Patterns Among Women With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2022 Nov